3.25.2006

The Phoenix of Self-Nihilism

On haunting dreams I do expound

My memories move me

The mellifluous retrospect soothes me

My lack of foresight

Questioning faith

Torn limb from limb by a menacing wraith

I’m tumbling downhill

I reach out in the hot night

With clenched teeth and tense face

It’s become too fake

Sweat drips beneath me

I can’t tell between dreaming and awake

It’s become too real

I tried to make you understand

Yet you demanded

To expose me

To exploit me

To eat my innocence

There is beauty in your arrogance

You’re so fucking greedy

You like the taste
Of youthful indulgence

The plate is on the table waiting

Your gnashing teeth devour it

My eyes are closed

I can see you clearly

Shards of morning light

Tear you into tiny pieces

Fresh air is everywhere

As I close the prison door behind me


V J D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home